Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day As An Intern

I have been searching and searching for an internship for a long time. This year I am not running track and I seem to have lots more time on my hands...well I do not like so much idle time! I need to be busy to operate the best, isn't that weird? But anyways, I have been searching for jobs and internships and I finally found this photographer in L.A. named Ed Carreon,  that was looking for an intern! So we met, and long story short, I am now his intern! So exciting. We have done some interesting shoots, but I think this one took the cake. It was a blast. We went out to this caregiver's house where he houses elephants, camels, monkeys, rhino's, tigers, you name it. It was beyond incredible. Here he is with his elephant, Susie, this is also the whole set we had set up on this hill on the property. There is Ed with the camera, with his two assistants. What blew my mind, was that Susie minded so well to her owner. The caregiver would simply say, "Susie, back," and she would back up. Or, "Susie, no," and she wouldn't do what she was doing. She was an obedient sweet elephant. Who knew there was such a thing?! 

Another thing that just blew me away is how big these elephants were and how they eat. They have their truck which they pick up there food with and suck up water to transfer to their mouths. One tooth was the size of a soap bar! When we were shooting, the caregiver would give Susie treats to stay put. She ate 2 bags of circus peanuts, 2 boxes of frosted mini-wheats, marshmallows, apples, and two watermelons. Susie ate the whole watermelons in one bite. She cracked it like a human would crack a sunflower seed. 
Caregivers hands along the trunk 



Heres me dodging the massive tail headed towards me. Luckily I survived. 

 Me starring in amazement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts