Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rancher's Daughter Takes New York!

New York! Oh my goodness. I love it. New York is so busy! But in a different way than L.A. or any other city I've been in. There is always something to look at, smell, hear, and touch. It's crazy. And I won't even go into all of the differences between here and the ranch... as a matter of fact, I don't think there is any similarity between here and the ranch. New York is great, always something to do and to see, people always around, but I think it could get old. I'd need an escape. I guess that is what Central Park is for. Central Park is beautiful! If I lived there, that park would be my saving grace. 

Oh! And okay I don't understand why all people say New Yorkers are rude! Everyone we talked to was so helpful, polite, and kind! Another positive thing about New York is the fashion...on the men's side. Okay I don't know how many men were dressed in suits and ties or expensive jeans and a fancy shirt. I was amazed! The women's fashion was surprising. I was expecting the women to be in stiletto shoes and some gorgeous outfit. While there were a few, the majority of the women were dressed in ugly comfy shoes, a pencil skirt, and a blouse. Hair in a bun. Nothin fancy. Oh and also there were hardly any blondes. Boy did I stick out. I looked like a guru with all of my colors, long blonde hair, high-heeled boots or wedges. My mom said, "Honey, you belong in L.A, you are no New York girl." I thought wow, thanks mom, really helpin the self-confidence here. 

Anyways, these photos are from the day we went to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island! Boy was it fun :). It was raining and cold, but it seemed to fit my perception of New York weather. Some instagram pics are mixed in with the ones from "The Precious." (what I call my camera.)


Sister on the Subway. The Subway was so cool! 


This is Abby. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts