Friday, April 12, 2013

How to wear Midi Rings

 Happppy Friday loves! Hopefully everyone's week went well. I had a really hard week...not to be Miss Debbie Downer, but it was not fun. I have a terrible eye infection that makes me walk around with my eye shut like a pirate. I have makeup on one eye and not the other haha. I'm a mess. And on top of everything, it's not even funny how far I am behind in school. I am so over school right now. Who's with me? I graduate in one more semester, but I feel like I've already checked out...which is terribly bad! I usually am a great student, but now I've morphed into the one who sits in the back who plays on their phone. Eek! Does anyone know how I feel? How do you get some motivation for school?

Alrighty, now that I just vented my troubles with you all, I can move on to the post for today! Midi Rings. These little gems are super easy to layer and to wear--adding a simple elegance to your accessories. So we all know them...but do you know how to wear them? I know you're thinking, well Emily, you just put them on. This is true, but I think that there is a right and wrong way to wear everything, so these are my thoughts on how to do them right! 

Various rings from Urban Outfitters, Flea Market, and Prism Boutique. (And p.s. if you haven't heard of Prism, you should check out there site. They just opened and its amazing.)
 

STEP 1: The first step I do when dressin' my fingers :) is picking a focal point. Just like your wardrobe--you want a focal piece--whether that may be the top, headpiece, shoes, or bottoms. You don't ever want to go over the top and make everything you wear super crazy and too much right? No, of course not. Same with rings. Choose one or two big statement rings to put on your finger/s.


STEP 2: Step two is picking the midi rings/ smaller rings. Put one on an alternate finger to the one wearing your statement ring or place on at the top of the finger with your statement ring. I love the simpleness and uniqueness these add! One tip that I would recommend is to stick with midi rings that are gold or silver. Keep it classy. Another thing--the cheaper the midi ring, the easier they fall off, so be careful. I bought the one with the two turquoise stones at Prism Boutique that was a bit more expensive than the others...but it's my fav one and never ever moves on my finger. 
 

Here are some examples of how I wear mine! How do you wear yours? 
 



 
xoxo 
Emily
 

17 comments:

  1. Great rings! Love it!<3
    I follow you back with GFC and Bloglovin:)
    I liked also your fanpage on Facebook.
    I'll be happy if you could do the same for me:)
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-Secret/238590149583275?ref=ts&fref=ts

    Let's check my newest post;)
    Have a great weekend!

    xoxo

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to follow you back! Thanks for the follows :) Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!!

      xo
      Emily

      Delete
  2. Emily, It's my last semester and I feel the same way...I have no idea where the eager motivated learner went. I was just looking at the assingments I have left and having a little panic!










    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl. I am so glad you're with me. I totally panicked last night and had a stress-eating session haha. I had cookie dough, a donut, and a bowl of cereal....at 11:30 at night hahaha. I'm losin it :( Good luck to you! At least we know that we are struggling together!

      Where do you go to school??

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That one from Prism Boutique is, but others are not the comfiest :/...I guess you have to be in the mood to wear them, you know?? Do you have any?

      xo

      Delete
    2. They seems not so comfy but so beautiful !!!!
      No I haven't for now, but is in my wish list :-P

      Delete
  4. These rings are gorgeous and I love your nail colour.
    I hope your eye gets better.. I have been there a few times before and it's totally not fun lol..

    Have a lovely weekend girl..
    xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks sweetie :)... Well at least I know that you had it and got better...It is still not getting any better! So sad. Have a great week love. xo

      Delete
  5. cute idea! xoxo

    stylemeetsbeauty.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post and midi rings! I find them slightly uncomfortable sometimes but still wear them anyway because they're cute!

    -Erica xx
    www.ericawears.com | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are not the most comfortable things to wear...dang it. But I guess there is a reason they say, 'beauty is pain' haha

      Delete
  7. This is a fantastic post!! you have such a great collection of rings! :)

    Style Without Limits
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. I love that you wear so many at once!

    Thanks for your comment, of course we can follow each other!

    Arum Lilea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much! :) I'll go on over and follow you!

      have a good night dear! xx

      Delete

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts