Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Coconut Chocolate Ice Cream

So I've discovered my new favorite thing of all time. I have it everyday. I love chocolate and have a major sweet tooth but am allergic to everything under the sun. No baked goods, no ice cream, no frozen yogurt. I mean of all the people to have food allergies, it had to be me :(. My fiance, Brennan, is like a well-oiled machine when it comes to eating. He is so healthy and researches the best foods to eat for specific times of the day, before your workout, after your workout...he's a champ. If he wanted to eat chicken, spinach, and eggs for the rest of his life, he could. He is so disciplined. Now me. Well I'm disciplined because I have to be, but oh man I love sweets, I love nice meals, I love desserts. Brennan on the other hand could never have another dessert in his life and would be fine. He's so sweet, he always tells me if he could take my allergies, he would, so I could enjoy all foods :). 

Well the harsh reality is that I can't. Sad day. BUTTTT I can still enjoy some really delicious foods. And with this Coconut Chocolate Ice Cream, it almost makes me not miss the real stuff ;)...It's really smooth, creamy, chocolatey and delicious. But wait there's more! No Sugar. No Gluten. No Eggs. No Carbs. Yes and it tastes good. Trust me. It's a guilt free treat that satisfy's my sweet tooth and fills me up.

How ever do we make such a sensation. Well, I'll tell you how:)

1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
4 Tbl Cocoa Powder
1 Packet Stevia 

...Plus if you want a bit of protein for the perfect meal, then add:

1 scoop Chocolate Protein
If you use chocolate protein, eliminate 2 tbl cocoa powder.

Toppings (optional):

1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Toasted Coconut
Chopped Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Take the Coconut Milk, Cocoa Powder, and Stevia or the Protein Powder and mix into a food processor or blender. Blend till smooth!

Then take the mixture and put into refrigerator for a smooth softer mixture or freezer for about an hour for a firmer mixture. Scoop, top, and serve! Enjoy! xo




xo

1 comment:

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts